The keynote speaker was Ronke Adeyemi of Brown Beauty Talk. She’s a social media guru so I made sure I was listening very carefully!
Ronke’s top tips with my views:
- Choose your platforms wisely. You don’t have to be everywhere.
- Plan. I can definitely see the benefits in planning but I just don’t do it, to my detriment. I need to make a better effort to plan.
- Be social and get involved with what is trending. Why not? It is social media after all!
- Consistent brand name. This helps your followers find you easily.
- Post regularly. Over time I have learned that this is key. Followers want consistency.
- Mix up the content across platforms. I like this tip. It so much more fun this way.
- Share and retweet. Basically, don’t be selfish. Social media is not all about you!
- Make constructive comments on posts. This is a sensible and polite way to get yourself noticed.
- Set a follower target. I’m not sure about this one. Quantity matters to brands and new followers are a lovely ego boost but for me, the number of followers is not everything.
- Post what the audience likes to see. This is important. To achieve this you need to know your audience.
I was also the Keziah Connections grand prize winner again – yay me! I won some lovely Palmer’s body care goodies. I gave the delicious coconut candle to Vicky (Beauty Breaks with Vicky) because lit candles and toddlers are not a good combination!
Here are the lovely Crabtree & Evelyn goodies that everyone received:
Thanks so much Tasha!